Monday, September 20, 2010

Quinton Aaron & Twinkie Speak at the L.A. Urban League

Twinkie, Mike, Quinton, Rhonda
You never know who is going to touch your life or the lives you are about to touch! But I am so Thankful when I follow Instructions from the Most High!!  


I met a Brother from the LA Urban League by way of  The HerShe group. I got a flyer and wanted to meet the person in charge of this program. Jobs for Urban Youth in Foster Care!! "Thats for our Girls" I thought. I wanted to make a connection so that the HerShe girls can have more opportunities!!  I went to meet him, Michael Bennett and the connection was made. 


We discussed the HerShe Group and  some of the programs that the Los Angeles Urban League have to Offer. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be wonderful to bring some folks down to the Office to speak to the Young People. I let Mike in on my thoughts of and his eyes lit up!!

I also asked about opportunities for  Inner City Youth to find employment in the Entertainment Industry. Mike said "Sounds like a Great Idea, lets implement that!! I said I would help when and where I can by introducing my connections to the LA Urban League.


We discussed a class called Emerging Leaders Academy and how they have guest speakers all the time!  I said I would love to come to speak to the class and bring a friend..(I had Quinton in mind but didn't want to speak to soon). 


 I called Mike, told him that I would be there even if my friend couldn't come. (Be Impeccable with your Word) Michael thought it would be GREAT because I am behind the scenes in the Entertainment Industry and could discuss the employment possibilities.  I called my friend and he said he would Love to be there!!


Clyde, Twinkie Mike & Quinton
I got to the Milken location early and my friend was running late. I asked him to come anyway and I would start off with Speaking. Michael met me there and introduced me to Clyde (Instructor of ELA). I was briefed and then got a phone call, Quinton was on his way!!!  I alerted them to Quinton's arrival and we walked into the building.  People looked and saw Quinton but could not believe their eyes. Is that the guy from "The BLIND SIDE?? Yes!! How Fabulous!!


Quinton and I walked in and told our stories!  


Quinton was GREAT!! Very Candid and Funny!!  I did my thing as well. 


Clyde is a Fabulous Instructor.. He was Made for this Class!!  We got some great Questions from the class and answered accordingly!! 


You can do anything you put your mind to!! Hard Work, Pays Off!! 


Research,  Focus and know that every NO, leads to a YES!! Think Positive!! It Can and Will Happen!!


I love what they are doing at the Los Angeles Urban League and am happy to bring my world and theirs, together!!

Big Ups to Mike Bennett, Clyde & The Milken Los Angeles Urban League Office for facilitating this Event!! 


Peace & Thank you!! Let Do This Again! 

No comments: