Friday, February 20, 2015

Twinkie takes New Orleans by STORM

Casting Locally in New Orleans


So Thankful!!

I'm Blessed to have the opportunity to Cast a film locally in New Orleans, this winter. WOW!! What a Wonderful Experience.  While in New Orleans running in Audubon park, I had an epiphany.. Okay well my Actor friend Lance Nichols with his beautiful wife Zardis helped me put it together. They are wonderful!

Running in Audubon Park
So we put the word out there to get the ball rolling. Lance and Zardis are Awesome!! While getting the word out I received an email regarding my workshop and a interview for WGNO News With A Twist!! Yay!! Seriously!! My Actors B.S. Workshop is hapening in New Orleans!! The Big easy!! Hollywood has come to Hollywood South!

The Interview was Awesome. Shout out to Jabari Thomas for his Audacity and Tenacity! (my two favorite words)  GREAT JOB!

After my interview, I donated my time to speak to High School students at New Orleans Center for Creative Arts (NOCCA). WOW I was completed taken aback by their wonderful reception and turnout!! It was Awesome!! The Students are very Bright and articulate. I loved listening to their questions and point of view.
 I figured I would start off wiht who I was and what I was doing there. Welp, they stopped me with Ms. Twinkie, we already know who you are. We did our research. Oh My.. Okay lets get into it then..

We moved on to the Q&A portion of the afternoon. My first question floored me.. Yes, I said, whats is your question. This adorable young lady asked "What have you sacrificed to be in this business and to get where you are today?" WOW!! Gulp.. I was speechless.. What have I sacrificed... well, to be honest, marriage, children, funerals, weddings, Thanksgivings, Christmases, Easter, quality family time, friends, baby showers etc. you name it and I have probably missed it, therefore sacrificed it. Its challenging and I try not to give it too much thought.  Casting is my Gift from God, so I'm sure there is someone very special in store for me. From there the questions become even more on point and insightful.


These kids are no joke but I loved it. We discussed Type Casting, Attitudes, Likability, Lack of Actors of Color, TV versus Film etc. We discussed the industry in general and then some very real specifics. Such a Great speaking engagement. Thank you to Ashley Nicole Williams for utilizing your network for me. I was so full after leaving that school, my feel didnt touch the ground.

A Day at NOCCA

Thank you NOCCA!! You were Awesome!! 

Next was a Radio Interview with Samantha Beaulieu at WBOK in Nawlins!! Thank you Samantha!! 

Last but definitely not least was my workshop!! Actors B.S. happened in New Orleans and Special Thanks goes to LaZardis Productions!! Lance and Zardis made sure to assist me in any way they could, which included putting the good word out there for my workshop!!

Guess who stopped by, Director Oz Scott!!! LEGENDARY!! I ran into Oz while at the Valet waiting for my car. I saw a Production Van and wondered "Who is here and getting into that Production Van?" None other than Oz Scott and his producer. Oz was in town Directing an Episode of NCIS New Orleans. After a Big Ol HUG!! Oz asked what I was doing there.. I shared I was Casting a Feature Film and decided to do a workshop to impart some valuable information to Actors. Oz said.. IM IN.. I said wait.. what?? He said.. I will come by if you want. I was Floored!! Totally Floored!! This is Oz Scott!! He IS "For Colored Girls who have considered suicide when the Rainbow is Enuff! I was speechless.. I said Yes Sir!! Thank you Sir.. Thank you!! 

I just cant believe he is here!! Ladies and Gentlemen, OZ SCOTT!! 

Thank you Sir! Thank you.. Lets Chat...

MY NETWORK IS MY NET WORTH!! New Orleans was so Good to me!!  Thank you James Lopez, Lance Nichols, Zardis Nichols,  Janee Tucker (Mama Gee), Robert Doqui and the City of New Orleans!!

Its all about Nawlins Beybee!! 

1 comment:

Angel Yvonne said...

This was great to hear Ms. Twinkie, you set the bar for us all!